Sunday, May 27, 2012

Our wedding: My Bridal Makeup

One year ago today, we were married in the most romantic place in the world, Villa Cipressi, Varenna, Lake Como, Italy.

OUR WEDDING DAY


I've never had a good experience with makeup artists and considering I'd have no interaction with the makeup artist in Italy until the wedding day, there was no way I was going to take the risk of looking like a drag queen.

Hence, I pulled a Kate Middleton and instead of spending potentially hundreds of dollars on a makeup artist, I splurged on my own makeup and DIYed my bridal day look.

The theme of the wedding day was "Romantic Glamour" so it was a pretty simple look: fresh dewy skin, coral pink lips and my signature black swept cat eye.








PRIME AND BASE

1. Apply lotion Sephora Night Moisture Recharge Light (Best to avoid SPF because of its reflective value - bad for wedding day photography)
2. Apply a light layer of Makeup Forever Primer (I used Blue for my tawny skin tone)
3. Foundation layer: I mixed two types. Makeup Forever HD Foundation
5. I dabbed on Bobbi Brown's Tinted Eye Brightener as a highlighter on the tips of my cheeks, my nose bridge, and under my eyes
6. For powder I used Lancome Traslucence Pressed Powder

CHEEKS
7. I avoided any glitter because it can be too reflective for pictures. I chose instead a soft rosy-coral glow using Bobbi Brown blush Nectar

EYES
8. I used my fingers and dabbed my eyelids in one shade, Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Cement. For the eyeliner, I have always found that eyeliner gels were too harsh looking, so I always used a sharp pencil. But while at the Bobbi Brown counter, I was introduced to this amazing Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner. Apply it with a eyeliner brush and you will get the best black cateye flick ever! There is a reason why its an award winning eyeliner.

LIPS
9. Applied with lip brush, Bobbi Brown Cream Lipcolor in Tiger Lily. I also combined this with the lip color palette from the Chanel Romantic Destination Travel Palette (old edition)

NAILS
10. I went the non traditional route and really wanted an pop of color that would be very "me". The day before I painted my nails with Chanel Nail Polish in Orange Fizz


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Champagne Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig