Sunday, May 27, 2012

Our Wedding: My Gown

One year ago today, we were married in the most romantic place in the world, Villa Cipressi, Varenna, Lake Como, Italy.

OUR WEDDING DAY


The gown is silk chiffon dropped waist applique from Melissa Sweet. You can imagine after a five year engagement, I'd run the gamut of wedding gown shopping - with the roommate, the friend, the sister. I loved all sorts of gowns but the reality was I could not justify falling in love with my dream $5K plus wedding Monique L'Huillier gown. One day after work, I wandered into a Priscilla of Boston boutique to window shop for wedding jewelry. Lo and behold, they were having a sample day sale. I called my then fiance that I was going to play around and try on some gowns. Much to my disbelief, when I tried on this gown, I just knew, it was the one. Light, airy, silk chiffon with romantic lace appliques yet still conveyed a sense of romantic glamour. It was perfect!


(Pearl necklace: DIY)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Champagne Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig